1. Statewide platform/interface (110 California community colleges will have the same Library Catalog setup)
2. We will be moving from OCLC's Worldshare to Ex-Libris' Alma/Primo
3. The CSU system currently is using Alma/Primo and is live. Check out CSU East Bay's Library Catalog here: https://tinyurl.com/CSULibrarySearchbox
4. Catalog slated to debut some time in the Spring 2020 semester
5. Catalog will also have a shared catalog component with the other 109 pariticpating community college libraries.
1. Library staff will be focused on training and learning how to use the back end of this new robust catalog.
2. Worldshare (also known as WMS) will go away some time in 2020, meaning any links you might have to individual records will not work and will not be updated.
3. EBSCOhost Discovery service will no longer serve as the front end of the Library Catalog. It will for then on be a megasearch engine across databases from different vendors and serve as the back end for Curriculum Builder. But Library Catalog holdings will no longer be represented there.
4. Instead, PRIMO, the front end of the new Library Catalog, will have all of the Library's physical holdings and what it can retrieve from the Library's electronic collection. (EDS will capture more, but when in doubt, go to an individual database to find something specific or use the journal portal).
5. There are high hopes that students will have an automatic Library account just as they now automatically have access to databases, their registration of classes being the determining point (would be W ID number and default Canvas password).
NOTE: Our version will likely be somewhat different.